The Publications team at Logos Bible Software have been working hard on an exciting new book and corresponding curriculum; as of this morning it is now available for pre-order.
With this release Logos has branched into two worlds at once: character studies, and church curriculum.
Abraham: Following God’s Promises— the book
This is an eight chapter book, written and structured beautifully to walk you through the life of Abraham, give a commentary on the biblical text, provide study questions, and teach inductive Bible study methods.
Discover how Abraham’s life and circumstances apply to our lives today. Each chapter of Abraham: Following God’s Promise focuses on a key event and contains the following sections:
- Setting the Stage:
- Theme: Introduces the meaning and relevance of an event in Abraham’s life
- Literary Context: Illustrates the conditions surrounding that event
- Historical and Cultural Background: Presents relevant data about the ancient world
- A Closer Look: Gives a walk-through of the event while exploring issues of interpretation, original language, and theology
- Throughout the Bible: Examines discussion of the event elsewhere in the Bible
- Beyond the Bible: Treats references to the event in ancient documents and extracanonical texts, as well as references by theologians, the church fathers, and contemporary thinkers
- Application: Concludes the chapter by exploring the event’s relevance to your journey of faith
Read more on Logos.com
Abraham: Following God’s Promises: Complete Church Curriculum for Leaders and Pastors
This complete church curriculum includes sermon outlines, videos for each chapter, small group/Sunday school study questions, a step-by-step leaders guide, and even Powerpoint, Proclaim, and Keynote slides! With this it would be a breeze to take your whole church through a study of Abraham, and his journey of faith and fear.
This curriculum works straight out of the box in two different versions: one for sermons and one for small-group settings. A unique combination of prose and multimedia, the series is detailed, historical, heartfelt, and applicable for all types of learners and all interest levels. And it does more than teach about the Bible—it teaches how to study the Bible. Each volume offers both general tips and specific instruction on getting more out of Bible reading, equipping you to answer tough questions and grow in your personal faith.
Read more on Logos.com
Available for Pre-Order
Head over to Logos.com and pre-order these resources—the book is only $10, and the church curriculum is $60.